Capture Awesome and Professional Quality Geo-coded Aerial Images with a DSLR, Mirrorless or Medium Format Digital Camera.
Taking photos from a plane usually means dealing with a lot of inconvenience and getting blurry or obstructed shots. SkyDSLR eliminates these hassles and lets you take stunning vertical and oblique photos and video using your DSLR camera, in a fast, safe and cost effective manner.
- Initial installation takes 2-2.5 hours, then remove and re-attach and fly in under 30 minutes
- Permanent or Temporary
- Easily cover large parcels or multiple parcels in a day
- Mount multiple systems to a single aircraft
- Share a system among multiple aircraft – move from airplane to airplane or helicopter and back.
Using additional software and data sets, easily use geocoded images for:
- GIS applications
- Aerial Mapping and Surveying
- Digital Elevation Models (DEM)
- Huge Mosaics for Analysis or Artwork
The unique DSLR mounting system is STC FAA-approved and
includes a lightweight, environmentally protected and sturdy pod that is ready to be mounted on the wing strut. The system allows for closed cabin, laptop-controlled operation using the manufacturers software or intervalometer.
- No steep banking maneuvers
- No fuselage holes
- No open windows
- No other modifications
Digital Still Camera Options
Usually in stock: Nikon D850 & D810, Canon 5DS/DSR, Phase One iXU-RS & iXM camera mounts and adapters.
We’ve configured our mounts with other cameras. We can usually adapt any camera or sensor that fits – including many mirrorless and other camera brands.
Do you have a specific brand/model in mind? Contact us.
View our portfolio to see images taken from our Aerial Camera Platform
Vertical (straight down) or Oblique (at an angle), Custom Payloads
Housing extensions, flat glass cover, plastic dome cover, GPS Antenna
Canon 51 Megapixel 5DS is FAA Certified by SkyIMD for Aerial Photography
SkyIMD and Phase One Industrial Announce FAA-Approved Aerial Mounts for Phase One Cameras